I. Executive Summary
This Section's Contents
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company name] is a summer camp situated near [Location’s] most exciting outdoor recreation areas. It aims to instill a love of the outdoors, and is a great place to learn new skills while enjoying adventures with newfound friends.
[Company name] offers a variety of camp options, from day camps and expeditions to resident camps. With options for children of all ages and abilities, as well as financial assistance, the camp aims to provide a diverse, welcoming, and equitable environment.
Below is [Company name]’s initial offerings:
- Day Camp
- Camp At Home: private programming
- Camp on the Go: meet at local recreation areas
- Overnight Camp
[Company Name] will primarily serve families who live in [State]. The demographics of these customers are as follows:
- 98,300 residents
- 36,918 children
- Average income of $96,200
- 71% married
- 53% in Mgt./Professional occupations
- Median age: 39 years
[Founders Name] runs [Company name]. [Founder] has a business degree from [University Name] and has almost 10 years of experience in adventure sports. He also has extensive experience working in some of the leading summer camps in North America.
He is assisted by skilled and passionate counselors who have experience leading expeditions and teaching and mentoring children.
[Company name] is uniquely qualified to succeed for the following reasons:
- There is currently no other summer camp in the vicinity, but a large amount of children that will utilize our camp.
- Our location is perfect for taking advantage of the surrounding, outdoor activities and natural resources.
- The management team has a track record of success operating summer and adventure camps.
[Company name] is seeking a total funding of $260,000 to launch its location. Specifically, these funds will be used as follows:
- Location design/build: approximately $150,000
- Working capital: approximately $110,000 to pay for marketing, salaries, and other costs until [Company name] reaches break-even
Top line projections over the next three years are as follows:
|FY 1||FY 2||FY 3||FY 4||FY 5|
|Pre Tax Income||$62,455||$881,858||$1,063,023||$1,295,091||$1,556,772|
|Income Tax Expense||$21,859||$308,650||$372,058||$453,282||$544,870|