I. Executive Summary
This Section's Contents
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company Name] is a unique, local snow cone establishment that serves a variety of snow cones and shaved ice to the community of [company location]. The store will be centrally located in the heart of [location], capturing both residential and business customers. The company will also have a snow cone cart, available to rent for parties and events.
[Company Name] will sell a variety of snow cone flavors such as Cherry, Grape, Blue Raspberry, Strawberry, Lemon-Lime, Banana, Tiger’s Blood, Root Beer, and Watermelon. [Company Name] will also offer soft drinks and snacks to its customers.
[Company Name] will serve the community of [company location]. The community largely comprises families and has a large number of schools, churches, and organizations. The demographics of the target customer profile is as follows:
- 52,313 residents
- Average income of $65,000
- 74.9% married
- 16 schools to include elementary, middle, and high schools
- Median age: 39 years
[Company Name] will be solely owned and operated by [Founder’s Name]. In his experience in the ice cream and frozen dessert industry, he acquired an in-depth knowledge of the operations and marketing of running a snow cone business before he started [Company name]. [Founder’s Name] fun nature, innovative snow cone business ideas, and passion for business led him to start a business in this industry.
[Founder] graduated from the University of ABC, where he majored in Business. He also has a certificate in food service management from the local culinary institute.
[Company Name] is qualified to succeed due to the following reasons:
- The Company will provide various flavors of snow cones (shaved ice or ground-up ice desserts) to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- The snow cone shop will be located in a highly trafficked, prime retail location in a busy intersection of town.
- [Founder’s Name] has lived in [company location] all of his life and has raised his family in the same community as the target market. He has many connections with the local schools, churches, and organizations.
- [Company Name] will offer premium snow cones at a price point that is competitive with other establishments and be moderately priced for freshly made snow cones.
[Company Name] is currently seeking $170,000 to launch its snow cone shop. Specifically, these funds will be used as follows:
- Store design/build: $120,000
- Working capital: $50,000 to pay for marketing, salaries, and lease costs until [Company Name] reaches break-even
The following graph outlines the pro forma financial projections for [Company Name] over the next five years:
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5|
|Income Tax Expense||$13,344||$19,409||$52,349||$83,334||$114,128|