II. Company Overview
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
Who is [Company Name]?
[Company Name], located at [insert location here] is a new home cleaning service providing home and apartment cleaning to its clients. [Company Name] is headed by [Founder’s Name], an experienced home cleaner and cleaning services manager.
While [Founder’s Name] has been in the cleaning services sector for some time, it was in [month, year] that he decided to launch [Company Name]. Specifically, during this time, [Founder] met with a former friend and fellow independent cleaning services provider in Fort Lauderdale, FL who has had tremendous success. After discussing the business at length, [Founder’s Name] clearly understood that a similar business would enjoy significant success in his hometown.
Specifically, the customer demographics and competitive situations in the Fort Lauderdale location and in his hometown were so similar that he knew the business would work. After surveying the local population, [Founder’s name] went ahead and founded [Company Name].
[Company Name]’s History
Upon returning from Fort Lauderdale, surveying the local customer base, and finding a potential retail office, [Founder’s Name] incorporated [Company Name] as an S-Corporation on [date of incorporation].
The business is currently being run out of [Founder’s Name] home office, but once the lease on [Company Name]’s office location is finalized, all operations will be run from there.
Since incorporation, the Company has achieved the following milestones:
- Found office space and signed Letter of Intent to lease it
- Developed the company’s name, logo and website located at [website]
- Determined equipment and fixture requirements
- Began recruiting key employees
[Company Name]’s Services
[Founder’s Name] will be able to provide clients with the following services:
- Weekly Home Cleaning: regular, general home cleaning services, customized to the needs of each client, for apartments, small homes, and large homes.
- Exterior Cleaning: cleaning of exterior walls, patios, porches, driveways, etc
- Deep Cleaning: garbage removal and deep cleaning of walls, floors, and carpets for tenants who are moving, home sales, and landlords of apartment buildings
- [Company Name] Newsletter: frequently asked questions, cleaning tips, and product reviews for clients
As [Founder’s Name] understands, the key to a successful cleaning service is being responsive to the particular needs of clients. [Founder’s Name] will have a full-time assistant manager who will, among other things, manage operations including scheduling, supply procurement, inventory, and bookkeeping. This will free up the time of [Founder’s Name] to work on sales and customer service.