I. Executive Summary
This Section's Contents
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company Name] is a self-storage company with [x] storage units available for rental to individuals and businesses in [location]. With multiple unit size options, all customer storage needs will be satisfied. In addition, we offer short-and long-term storage options to accommodate various customer needs.
Products & Services Provided
[Company Name] will be able to provide safe and secure short- and long-term storage facilities to individuals and businesses in [location].
- Standard Self-Storage Units
- Temperature-Controlled Self-Storage Units
- Packing & Storage Supplies
- Moving Services
To better serve a variety of customers, we have multiple unit size options available to choose from:
- 5 x 5 foot storage unit
- 5 x 10 foot storage unit
- 10 x 10 foot storage unit
- 10 x 15 foot storage unit
- 10 x 20 foot storage unit
- 10 x 30 foot storage unit
[Company Name] will primarily serve residents in need of storing personal belongings. The storage units are also available for lease by business owners in need of storage for stock overflow. This is especially helpful for small business owners who run a business from their home.
[Company Name] is headed by [Founder’s Name] who graduated from [University] with a degree in Business Administration. Prior to starting [Company Name], [Founder’s Name] worked as an operations manager at a moving and storage company for [x] years where he was able to learn the ins and outs of the storage industry. His experience will be the company’s most valuable asset.
[Company Name] is uniquely qualified to succeed for the following reasons:
- [Company Name] will fill a specific market niche in the growing moving and storage industries.
- With only one existing storage facility, the need for additional self-storage space is essential in [location].
- In addition, we have surveyed the target market and received extremely positive feedback saying that they explicitly want to make use of our services when launched.
- The management team has a track record of success in the storage unit business.
[Company Name] is seeking total funding of $270,000 of debt capital to open its storage business. The capital will be used for funding capital expenditures and location build-out, hiring initial employees, marketing expenses, and working capital.
Specifically, these funds will be used as follows:
- Facility design/build: $110,000
- Working capital: $160,000 to pay for marketing, salaries, and lease costs until [Company Name] reaches break-even
Topline projections over the next five years are as follows:
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5|
|Pre Tax Income||$63,291||$661,962||$866,694||$1,112,661||$1,394,972|
|Income Tax Expense||$22,152||$231,687||$303,343||$389,431||$488,240|