I. Executive Summary
This Section's Contents
You can download our SaaS Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company Name] is a SaaS business that provides hosting software services throughout [location]. [Company Name] offers customer management, accounting, and project management software at an affordable subscription fee. Moreover, it’ll be responsible for updating and monitoring the provided software. The Company will operate in the heart of the city, conveniently located in the center of the business district.
Products and Services
[Company Name] will provide management, accounting, and project management software. The Company’s custom software is available across various industries including construction, financial services, manufacturing, retail and restaurants.
[Company Name] will primarily serve small to medium-sized businesses, from new ventures to well-established businesses and individual clients. The clients are further categorized into the following categories:
- Financial service providers
- Construction companies
- Manufacturing businesses
- Retail Establishments
- Other businesses that may need SaaS technology
[Founder Name] has a bachelor’s degree in Technology. He is a certified SOC 2 – Trust (SOC 2 is designed specifically for SaaS operations) and has over [x] years’ experience working as a senior software engineer prior to starting [Company Name].
[Company Name] will also employ an experienced assistant to work as a business analyst and help with various administrative duties around the office.
[Company Name] is qualified to succeed due to the following reasons:
- The Company has a competent, technically sound team with analytical and critical thinking skills that can help them find creative solutions for clients when they request customized software apps.
- The US has a robust business environment with a large number of businesses going the way of technology, and software as a service (SaaS) is indispensable in the value chain of the infotech industry.
[Company Name] is seeking a total funding of $200,000 of debt capital to open its office. Specifically, these funds will be used as follows:
- Office design/build: $40,000
- Software development: $90,000
- Working capital: $70,000 to pay for marketing, salaries, equipment and lease costs until [Company Name] reaches break-even
Top line projections over the next five years are as follows:
|Financial Summary||FY 1||FY 2||FY 3||FY 4||FY 5|
|Pre Tax Income||$219,152||$378,458||$505,670||$672,098||$912,948|
|Income Tax Expense||$76,703||$132,460||$176,985||$235,234||$319,532|
|Net Profit Margin||25%||31%||31%||32%||35%|