I. Executive Summary
This Section's Contents
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company Name], located in [insert location here] is a new roofing company that focuses on providing high quality roofing services for residential and commercial clients. The company is owned and operated by [Founder’s Name], an experienced roofing contractor and project manager with over 20 years of experience in the industry. [Company Name] aims to be the reliable source for any roofing project from new installations to restorations and repairs.
[Company Name] will provide a variety of different types of roofing materials. Products will include solar tiles, clay tiles, green roofs, shingles, slate, metal roofs, and more.
Roofing services include restoration, repair, installation, maintenance, and gutter work. The company’s products and services are focused on providing durable roofing solutions that will last for years to come.
[Company Name] will primarily serve homeowners and businesses within a 30-mile radius of its centrally-located office. The community of [company location] has a large number of aging homes and commercial buildings in need of roofing services. The company will also target real estate developers in the area. In addition to the older buildings, there is also a growing number of new homes and commercial properties being constructed that will need quality roof installations.
[Company Name] is headed by its founder, [Founder’s Name] who has over 20 years of experience as a roofing contractor, and has spent the past ten years as a roofing project manager. He has spent much of his career working for Home Suite Home Roofing & Construction Company. There he specialized in new roof installations, repairs, and restoration work, managing the completion of 75 new roofs and thousands of repair and restoration projects. He consistently was named a top project manager for Home Suite Home Roofing & Construction Company.
[Company Name] is uniquely qualified to succeed due to the following reasons:
- The company will be providing a valuable service for individuals and businesses in need of roofing services for new and existing buildings.
- The company is in an area with high homeownership rates and a good mix of older buildings with roofs in need of repair and new construction projects.
- The founder has a track record of success in the roofing industry and is a proven expert in the field.
- The pricing will be moderate, less expensive than high priced, specialized competitors, but more expensive than lower-quality, efficiency driven roofing contractors. This pricing strategy will ensure clients perceive value when choosing the company for their roofing needs.
- The local area is currently under served and has few local roofing companies offering quality customer service.
[Company Name] is seeking a total funding of $200,000 in debt financing to open its roofing company.
Specifically, these funds will be used as follows:
- Office build-out: $90,000
- Equipment and supplies: $60,000
- Working capital: $50,000 to pay for marketing, salaries, and lease costs until [Company Name] reaches break-even
Top line projections over the next five years are as follows:
|Financial Summary||FY 1||FY 2||FY 3||FY 4||FY 5|
|Pre Tax Income||$219,152||$378,458||$505,670||$672,098||$912,948|
|Income Tax Expense||$76,703||$132,460||$176,985||$235,234||$319,532|
|Net Profit Margin||25%||31%||31%||32%||35%|