II. Company Overview
This Section's Contents
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
Who is [Company Name]?
[Company Name], located at [insert location here] is a new, independent record label focusing on alternative rock music.
We seek to find and sign up-and-coming alternative rock bands based in the New York region. By finding underground talent and improving their marketing and appeal to a broader music audience, we will be able to build a stable of artists with significant customer bases. This will translate into significant sales of music (CDs, MP3s), concert tickets, and related products (e.g., merchandise.
[Company Name]’s History
[Founder’s Name] conceived [Company Name] on [Date] after years of attending alternative rock concerts in the New York metro region and seeing the massive increase in attendance to most events.
[Founder’s Name] incorporated [Company Name] as an S-Corporation on [date of incorporation].
The business is currently being run out of [Founder’s Name] home office, but once the lease on [Company Name]’s retail location is finalized, all operations will be run from there.
Since incorporation, the company has achieved the following milestones:
- Found office space and signed Letter of Intent to lease it
- Developed the company’s name, logo and website located at www…
- Created the mission statement
- Determined equipment requirements
- Began discussions to sign key alternative rock bands
[Company Name]’s Products & Services
[Company Name] will develop the following products for sale to consumers:
- Music (CDs, MP3s)
- Merchandise (shirts, hoodies, posters, etc.)
- Concert tickets
To the music artists it signs, [Company Name] will primarily offer the following services.
- Marketing support (to build each band’s customer base)
- Distribution (to sell music, merchandise and concert tickets)
- Tour support (arranging and managing tours)
- Promotions (working with radio stations and other entities to promote each band).