I. Executive Summary
This Section's Contents
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company Name] is a new poultry farm based in [location], providing chicken and turkey meat to individuals, retailers, wholesalers, restaurants etc. The Company raises its birds in a cage-free environment.
[Company Name] will be involved in the commercial production of chickens and turkeys for meat. The Company will provide the following products to its clients:
- Large broiler chickens
- Small broiler chickens
[Company Name] will primarily serve processors, grocery stores, and restaurants throughout the area. The target customer profile is as follows:
- 50 processors
- 120 grocery stores
- 1,850 restaurants
[Company Name] is led by [Founder’s name], who has been in the poultry farming industry for [x] years. [Founder’s name] graduated from the University of ABC, where he majored in agriculture. While he was in school, he worked for a small poultry farm nearby, where he was able to participate in all aspects of poultry farming. Upon graduation, he landed a job with one of the country’s largest poultry producers, where he worked his way up. This experience equipped him with in-depth knowledge of common practices in the poultry farming industry, from the mundane all the way up to operation management.
[Company name] will also employ an experienced sales executive to sell to wholesalers and retailers in the region. This will be a skilled salesperson trained in agricultural sales by [Founder’s Name].
[Company Name] is qualified to succeed due to the following reasons:
- There is a sustained high demand for poultry across the region, and the company has the support of the local government in the way of subsidies and tax breaks.
- The Company’s location is within 100 miles of numerous potential customers and is centrally located near a transportation hub.
- [Founder’s Name] has lived in [company location] all his life and has raised his family there. He is well-connected in the community, and has the support of its citizens.
- The management team has a track record of success in the poultry farming business.
[Company Name] is currently seeking $250,000 to start the poultry farm. Specifically, these funds will be used as follows:
- Land and Equipment: $200,000
- Working capital: $50,000 to pay for salaries and input costs until [Company Name] reaches break-even
Top line projections over the next five years are as follows:
|Financial Summary||FY 1||FY 2||FY 3||FY 4||FY 5|
|Pre Tax Income||$219,152||$378,458||$505,670||$672,098||$912,948|
|Income Tax Expense||$76,703||$132,460||$176,985||$235,234||$319,532|
|Net Profit Margin||25%||31%||31%||32%||35%|