I. Executive Summary
This Section's Contents
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company Name], located in [insert location here] is a new plant nursery and garden center that provides flowering plants, trees, bushes, outdoor fountains and designer pottery. The nursery will provide everything for one’s gardening needs including fertilizer, dirt, sod, rocks and outdoor decor. The company sources their plants from the local area and from the most sought after plant distributors in the country. [Company Name] aims to be the best selling plant nursery in the area.
[Company Name] will provide a variety of different types of plants, flowers and bushes. Products will include woody and herbaceous plants, small trees, shrubs, flowers, soil, and fertilizer.
All plants will be tended to daily so that they are ready to be planted in the customer’s garden or flower bed. [Company Name] will only sell the highest quality plants and flowers.
[Company Name] will primarily serve the residents within a 5 to 10-mile radius of our location. The demographics of these residents are as follows:
- 203,756 residents
- Average income of $54,000
- 56.4% married
- 48.3% in Mgt./Professional occupations
- Median age: 48 years
Of the above mentioned residents, about 52% of the population reside in single family homes where they have grass and gardens.
[Company Name] is led by [Founder’s Name], a licensed Nurser who is certified in floral and plant nursery in the state of [location]. He is also fully licensed with the Department of Agriculture. [Founder] has been in the gardening industry for over 15 years and has won numerous awards and accolades from local and regional nursing competitions. After working at another local plant nursery for over a decade, he recognized all of the plant items that are highly sought after but not sold at any establishments in the area. [Founder] knew it was time to start his own plant nursery business once he reached distribution deals from other plant distributors.
[Company Name] is uniquely qualified to succeed due to the following reasons:
- The company will be providing a broader selection of plants, trees, and flowers to the community.
- The company is in a high-volume area that is near neighborhoods and other shopping centers.
- The management team has a track record of success in the gardening industry and is a proven expert in the field.
- The pricing model is formulated to be slightly higher than the competition as it is a higher-quality product, but low enough that customers will perceive value when purchasing.
- [Company Name] will offer a loyalty program to its customers.
[Company Name] is seeking a total funding of $100,000 of debt capital to open its plant nursery business.
- Nursery and greenhouse design/build-out: $50,000
- Equipment, inventory, and supplies: $25,000
- Working capital: $25,000 to pay for marketing, salaries, and lease costs until [Company Name] reaches break-even
Top line projections over the next five years are as follows:
|Financial Summary||FY 1||FY 2||FY 3||FY 4||FY 5|
|Pre Tax Income||$219,152||$378,458||$505,670||$672,098||$912,948|
|Income Tax Expense||$76,703||$132,460||$176,985||$235,234||$319,532|
|Net Profit Margin||25%||31%||31%||32%||35%|