I. Executive Summary
This Section's Contents
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company Name] is a new pizza restaurant in the [location] area that will serve residents, businesses and local schools. The restaurant will primarily be a dine-in establishment, but will also offer delivery and pick-up.
Founded by [Founder’s Name], [Company Name] envisions the restaurant to be a place that families gather to enjoy a variety of pizza selections. [Founder’s Name] is an experienced chef for a national restaurant chain. When he noticed that there was only one pizza place in [location], he decided to open up his own pizza restaurant.
[Company Name] will offer a full menu of pizzas, salads, sandwiches, and desserts. Pizza selections include thin crust, pan and stuffed, while pasta options include all traditional Italian specialties like spaghetti and meatballs, fettuccine alfredo and lasagna. Sandwiches include Italian Beef, Sausage and Chicken Parmesan.
The restaurant is also available for private events and catering.
[Company Name] will primarily serve the residents within a 15 mile radius of our restaurant. The demographics of these customers are as follows:
- 31,268 residents
- Average income of $69,350
- 51.9% married
- 47.3% in Mgt./Professional occupations
- Median age: 36 years
[Company Name]’s founder, [Founder’s Name], will serve as the restaurant manager. Having worked in the restaurant industry for 15 years, he is knowledgeable with the operations and standard procedures of running a restaurant. He is also experienced in team management and customer service.
[Company Name] is uniquely qualified to succeed due to the following reasons:
- There are currently few pizza restaurants in the community. In addition, we have surveyed the local population and received extremely positive feedback saying that they explicitly want to frequent our business when launched.
- Our location is in a high-volume area with little direct traffic, and will thus be highly convenient to significant numbers of passersby each day.
- The management team has a track record of success in the restaurant business.
- The pizza business is a proven business and has succeeded in communities throughout the United States.
[Company Name] is seeking a total funding of $370,000 to launch its pizza restaurant. The capital will be used for funding capital expenditures, salaries, marketing expenses and working capital.
Specifically, these funds will be used as follows:
- Restaurant design/build: $250,000
- Working capital: $120,000 to pay for marketing, salaries, and lease costs until [Company Name] reaches break-even
Topline projections over the next five years are as follows: