You can download the Non Profit business plan template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
Direct & Indirect Competitors
The following organizations provide related services either nationwide or locally to our customers:
Boys & Girls Club of America
Boys & Girls Clubs of America (or BGCA) is a national organization whose mission is to “enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.”
Boys & Girls Clubs of America has a lineup of tested and proven nationally recognized programs that address today’s most pressing youth issues, teaching young people the skills they need to succeed in life.
National programs are available in the areas of education, the environment, health, the arts, careers, alcohol/drug and pregnancy prevention, gang prevention, leadership development and athletics.
Boys & Girls Clubs of America has more than 4,000 autonomous local Clubs which are affiliates of the national organization. Clubs serve some 4.8 million young people – generally between the ages of 6 and 18 – through membership and community outreach, and are located in all 50 states, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands and on U.S. military bases in America and around the world. Professional Club staff total some 49,000 worldwide.
The 2,686 US-based YMCAs make the organization one of the largest not-for-profit community service organizations in the United States.
Today’s YMCAs serve thousands of U.S. communities, uniting 21 million children and adults of all ages, races, faiths, backgrounds, abilities and income levels. YMCAs are committed to helping:
- Children and youth deepen positive values, their commitment to service and their motivation to learn
- Families build stronger bonds, spend time together and become more engaged with their communities
- Individuals strengthen their spiritual, mental and physical well-being
At every stage of life, YMCAs strive to help children, families and individuals reach their full potential.
YMCAs are the nation’s largest provider of child care, with nearly 10,000 child care sites across the country that provide high-quality, affordable care to more than 500,000 children.
Boys & Girls Club of America and YMCA are excellent organizations. However neither organization provides the level of youth mentoring depth that is provided by [Organization Name]. Specifically, [Organization Name] offer the following advantages to our community:
- Location: [Organization Name]’s location is near the center of town, giving members of our community easy access. The nearest YMCA and/or Boys & Girls Club is 15 miles away. This makes them highly inconvenient for the at-risk youth who have no transportation.
- One-on-one mentorship: Neither the YMCA nor Boys & Girls Club offers one-on-one mentorship to at risk youth. While both programs provide meaningful interaction, at-risk youth need one-on-one help from volunteers who are trained and focused. [Organization name] provides this critical benefit.
- Recruitment: [Organization name] has recruited hundreds of adult volunteers in our surrounding community areas to help our youth. These volunteers have been recruited, checked and trained and only work for our organization.