I. Executive Summary
This Section's Contents
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company Name] is a new non-medical home care business that serves the residents of [Location]. Our caregivers are fully licensed and trained to provide aging residents with essential day-to-day care that does not require medical assistance. Some of our services include preparing meals, cleaning, dressing and washing our customers, or running their errands. As individuals get older, it gets much harder to do these things without extra help. However, living in a nursing home is not an option for many people. Therefore, our caregivers can help these individuals with these tasks without them leaving their homes or losing their independence.
[Company Name] will provide essential non-medical care and day-to-day assistance. Our licensed practitioners can help with basic care tasks, chores, and errands, or even just provide companionship. Below are some example tasks that our practitioners can help with:
- Cooking food
- Driving to appointments
- Dressing and washing
- Playing board games
[Company Name] will serve the aging community of [Location]. The demographics of this area are as follows:
- 103,169 residents
- Average income of $65,000
- 57.4% married
- 38.2% retired and/or over the age of 55
- Median age: 42 years
[Company Name] is owned and operated by [Founder’s Name], a nurse who has worked at local assisted care facilities for over ten years. Throughout her career, she noticed that many of her patients didn’t need extensive medical care or supervision and would have been better suited to having a care professional at home. However, there are few companies in [Location] that provide non-medical home care services for this demographic. Therefore, [Founder’s Name] aims to provide the best in-home non-medical care that helps elderly individuals maintain their quality of life without moving out of their homes.
[Company Name] is uniquely qualified to succeed due to the following reasons:
- [Company Name] will have a team of compassionate and knowledgeable staff that are experienced in this field. This staff includes nurses, home aides, and other general administrative staff.
- [Company Name] will be able to service the entire metropolitan area of [Location] and its surrounding areas.
- There is a great demand for non-medical home care services, as many local residents do not want to live in an assisted care facility just to get help with basic tasks.
- The non-medical home care business has proven to be a successful business in the United States.
[Company Name] is seeking $150,000 in funding to launch its non-medical home care business. The capital will be used for funding capital expenditures, staffing, marketing and advertising expenses, and working capital.
The breakout of the funding may be seen below:
- Capital expenditures (computers, equipment, etc.): $20,000
- Marketing and advertising: $30,000
- Staffing costs: $80,000
- Working capital: $20,000
Top line projections over the next five years are as follows:
|Financial Summary||FY 1||FY 2||FY 3||FY 4||FY 5|
|Pre Tax Income||$219,152||$378,458||$505,670||$672,098||$912,948|
|Income Tax Expense||$76,703||$132,460||$176,985||$235,234||$319,532|
|Net Profit Margin||25%||31%||31%||32%||35%|