I. Executive Summary
This Section's Contents
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company Name], located at [insert location here] is a brand-new, upscale massage therapy center focusing on providing high-quality, full-service massage therapy services to the surrounding community. Our product and service lines fit nicely with the prevailing tastes and preferences of the local area – middle class suburbanites want quality massage therapy services, but don’t want to pay luxury prices for it.
[Company Name] will provide massage therapy services for all ages and both genders. Services will include:
- Therapeutic Massage
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Hot Stone Massage
- Relaxation Massage
In addition to providing these services, [Company name] will also retail exclusive massage and beauty products. Customers will find products at [Company name] that they won’t find in department stores.
[Company Name] will primarily serve the residents within a 5 mile radius of our location. The demographics of these customers are as follows:
- 117,827 residents
- Average income of $74,700
- 60% married
- 45% in Mgt./Professional occupations
- Median age: 38 years
In addition to this prime adult demographic, there are two large high schools and a college in the area. Students, particularly girls, from these schools will be sure to patronize [Company Name] for massage services.
[Company Name] is led by [Founder’s Name] who has been in the massage therapy business for 20 years. While [Founder] has never run a massage therapy center herself, she has been a therapist since the age of 15 and spent most of her adult life working as a therapist at various massage therapy centers. As such, [Founder] has an in-depth knowledge of the massage therapy business including the operations side (e.g., running day-to-day operations) and the business management side (e.g., staffing, marketing, etc.).
[Company Name] is uniquely qualified to succeed due to the following reasons:
- The Company will fill a specific market niche in the growing community we are entering. In addition, we have surveyed the local population and received extremely positive feedback saying that they explicitly want to frequent our business when launched.
- Our location is in a high-volume area with easy access from multiple residential and commercial areas.
- The management team has a track record of success in the massage therapy services business.
- The massage therapy services business is a proven, successful and profitable business in the United States.
- Local competitors leave a large gap in the massage market—there are low-cost providers ($30-50), and an ultra-luxury beauty salon ($120+), but nothing in between.
[Company Name] is currently seeking $260,000 to launch. Specifically, these funds will be used as follows:
- Store design/build: $140,000
- Working capital: $120,000 to pay for Marketing, salaries, and lease costs until [Company Name] reaches break-even
Topline projections over the next five years are as follows:
|Financial Summary||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5|
|Income Tax Expense||$0||$0||$17,104||$29,103||$44,719|
|Net Profit Margin||-||10%||10%||9%||12%|