I. Executive Summary
This Section's Contents
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company Name], located in [insert location here], is a manufacturing company specializing in a variety of nut, snack, and candy brands. The company is a contract manufacturer and supplier of packaged goods. As a private label manufacturer, [company name], will produce a full line of candy, nut, snack, and gummy products.
[Company name] was founded by [Founder’s Name]. Within the past few years, [Founder] has been working on the manufacturing company concept and began networking with grocery store clients and locating the land to build his manufacturing and distribution center.
[Company Name] will provide a variety of different types of manufactured goods. Products will include candy, nut, trail mix, gummy products, and assorted chocolates.
Products will be sold in the snack and candy aisles at local grocery stores around [location].
[Company Name] will primarily serve the residents within a 1 to 20-mile radius of our location. The demographics of these residents are as follows:
- 601,274 residents
- Average income of $42,000
- 52.4% married
- 46% in Mgt./Professional occupations
- Median age: 41 years
Of the above mentioned residents, about 62% of the population are families that have children in their household. Children regularly consume the snack products that [company name] manufactures.
[Company Name] is led by [Founder’s Name], a local entrepreneur who has worked in various warehouses and manufacturing companies in [location]. Working in the manufacturing industry and in warehouses, [Founder] is very familiar with the processing and distribution of packaged foods. As a line manager that oversaw dozens of employees, [Founder] has the proper knowledge and experience to own, manage, and operate his own manufacturing company.
[Company Name] is uniquely qualified to succeed due to the following reasons:
- The company will be manufacturing products of snack foods that do not have lots of competition in the local market.
- The company has already attained 4 Letters of Intent from the largest supermarket grocery chains in the local area.
- The management team has a track record of success in the manufacturing industry and is qualified to operate all of the production and distribution equipment.
- The pricing model is competitive with other wholesale manufacturers and the quality of products are made with higher quality ingredients.
- [Company Name] will be sold in most grocery stores in the local market.
[Company Name] is seeking a total funding of $1,100,000 of debt capital to open its manufacturing company.
- Manufacturing facility design/build-out: $400,000
- Equipment and supplies: $375,000
- Initial inventory: $100,000
- Working capital: $225,000 to pay for marketing, salaries, and lease costs until [Company Name] reaches break-even
Top line projections over the next five years are as follows:
|Financial Summary||FY 1||FY 2||FY 3||FY 4||FY 5|
|Pre Tax Income||$219,152||$378,458||$505,670||$672,098||$912,948|
|Income Tax Expense||$76,703||$132,460||$176,985||$235,234||$319,532|
|Net Profit Margin||25%||31%||31%||32%||35%|