I. Executive Summary
This Section's Contents
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company Name] is a new magazine publishing and distribution company based in [insert location here] that focuses on providing News and Entertainment magazines. The Company’s state-of-the-art in-house printing press is located in the heart of the business district of [location]. The Company will distribute its monthly print magazine to key cities throughout the United States and the magazine’s digital version via its online platform. The Company aims to become the leading regional brand in the magazine publishing industry.
[Company Name] will provide the following products and services to its customers:
- Distribution of News and Entertainment magazines
- Online subscription for the company’s e-magazine
- Advertising services
[Company Name] will serve customers in the [US Region], and across the United States. The Company will primarily offer its products and services to consumers between the ages of 18 and 50.
[Company Name] is led by [Founder’s Name], who has been in the magazine publishing industry for [x] years. He is a results-driven strategist who relishes challenges and opportunities to deliver ground-breaking solutions. While [Founder] has never run a magazine himself, he has robust experience in print journalism, having worked for over [x] years with some of the leading magazine publishing companies in the United States. He will also have the help and support of his business partner, [Insert Name], who will handle the marketing and admin tasks for the company.
[Company Name] is qualified to succeed due to the following reasons:
- There is a high demand for agile and hyper-current entertainment and informational media. [Founder’s Name] is well-known in journalism circles for his keen eye for and rapid adaptation to current trends. He has a loyal and growing digital following. A recent survey of this market received enthusiastic feedback pointing towards an explicit demand for print editions of his publications.
- The management team has a track record of success in the magazine business.
- A number of prominent advertisers have indicated intent to purchase advertising space once the magazine launches.
[Company Name] is currently seeking $370,000 to launch its magazine publishing company. Specifically, these funds will be used as follows:
- Design and build-out: $170,000
- Working capital: $200,000 to pay for marketing, salaries, and equipment and supplies until [Company Name] reaches break-even.
Top line projections over the next five years are as follows:
|Financial Summary||FY 1||FY 2||FY 3||FY 4||FY 5|
|Pre Tax Income||$219,152||$378,458||$505,670||$672,098||$912,948|
|Income Tax Expense||$76,703||$132,460||$176,985||$235,234||$319,532|
|Net Profit Margin||25%||31%||31%||32%||35%|