I. Executive Summary
This Section's Contents
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company Name] provides a professional all-season lawn care service for suburban residences in [Location]. It also offers its services to various businesses in the area that need landscaping and lawn maintenance.
The company was founded by [Founder’s Name] in [Year established]. [First Name] started the company with a vision to help the local community see the beauty of professional landscaping and how important it is for the environment.
They are not only experts in decorative landscaping, but also in vegetable gardening and sprinkler systems. They also specialize in lawn problems; from weeds, crab gass, or dry grass in summer.
Below is [Company Name]’s initial services list:
- Landscape design
- Arborist Services
- Tree Trimming and Stump removal
- Commercial Landscaping
- Residential lawn care
- Weed control
- Vegetable Gardening
- Lawn Sprinkler Services
[Company Name] will serve the residents of [location] and will soon expand to the surrounding cities. The area we serve is mostly populated by moderate to high income families that live in residential houses who are in need of proper landscape maintenance. These residents are able to pay for quality lawn care and landscaping services any time of the year.
The location is also a prime spot for big hotels, resorts, golf clubs (clubhouses), recreational spaces, and companies that will need our services as well.
The [Company Name] was founded by [Founder’s Name]. [First Name] has started working in the Landscaping industry at a very young age. His/her love for the environment and for design has pushed himself/herself to study at [insert university] and become a professional landscape architect. [First Name] also just finished taking up a second degree in business management.
[Company Name] is uniquely qualified to succeed due to the following reasons:
- [Company Name] will fill a specific market niche in the growing community we are entering. In addition, we have surveyed the local population and received extremely positive feedback saying that they explicitly want to make use of our services when launched.
- Our location is in a high-wealth area where customers are in need of lawn care services and have the disposable income to pay for these services.
- The management team has a track record of success in the lawn care business.
- The local area is currently under served and residents rely on independent lawn caretakers.
[Company Name] is seeking total funding of $295,000 of debt capital to launch. The capital will be used for funding capital expenditures and location build-out, purchasing equipment and materials needed, hiring initial employees, marketing expenses and working capital.
Specifically, these funds will be used as follows:
- Store design/build: $180,000
- Equipments and Materials: $115,000
- Working capital: $100,000 to pay for marketing, salaries, and lease costs until [Company Name] is cash-flow positive
Topline projections over the next five years are as follows:
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5|
|Expenses & Costs|
|Cost of goods sold||$57,960||$122,245||$122,523||$128,328||$134,035|
|Total Expenses & Costs||$271,850||$412,775||$435,504||$454,131||$473,263|
|Net Operating Loss||($80,431)||($80,431)||$0||$0||$0|
|Income Tax Expense||$0||$1,689||$42,853||$59,344||$77,911|
|Net Profit Margin (%)||-||15.00%||13.00%||16.30%||19.40%|