I. Executive Summary
This Section's Contents
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company Name] is a jewelry shop located in [insert location here]. The Company will focus on providing high-quality jewelry products to its customers. The Company sells a wide selection of jewelry, including bracelets, necklaces, earrings, and rings. All of the pieces will be designed and created by [Founder Name], the Company’s owner and founder. Jewelry is available in silver, gold, and platinum.
The Company will provide the following products and services to its customers:
- Jewelry repair
- Jewelry cleaning and silver polishing
[Company Name] will primarily offer its products and services to residents living within a 10-mile radius of the business location. The demographics of the customers are as given below:
- 87,827 residents
- 1,750 workers
- Average income of $74,700
- 38.9% married
- 49.6% in professional occupations
- Median age: 34 years
[Company Name] is led by [Founder’s name], who has been in the Jewelry industry for [x] years. [Founder’s name] graduated from the University of ABC, where she majored in product design. During her apprenticeship in the Jewelry industry, she acquired in-depth skills in Jewelry designing. Additionally, she worked in a jewelry shop alongside a professional, learning how to manage and run a jewelry business before starting [Company name].
[Company Name] is qualified to succeed due to the following reasons:
- There is currently a high demand for unique, custom made jewelry within the community.
- The Company’s location is in a high-volume traffic area and will thus be highly convenient for a significant number of people visiting nearby.
- The management team has a track record of success in the jewelry business.
- The upscale jewelry business is a proven business and has succeeded in communities throughout the United States.
- Market trends such as high disposable income and spending power are propelling the demand for increasing jewelry consumption.
[Company Name] is currently seeking $170,000 to launch its jewelry shop. Specifically, these funds will be used as follows:
- Store design/build: $90,000
- Working capital: $80,000 to pay for marketing, salaries, supplies and lease costs until [Company Name] reaches break-even
Top line projections over the next five years are as follows:
|Financial Summary||FY 1||FY 2||FY 3||FY 4||FY 5|
|Pre Tax Income||$219,152||$378,458||$505,670||$672,098||$912,948|
|Income Tax Expense||$76,703||$132,460||$176,985||$235,234||$319,532|
|Net Profit Margin||25%||31%||31%||32%||35%|