I. Executive Summary
This Section's Contents
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company Name] is an interior design firm in [location] that handles residential and commercial spaces within the city, but also works on projects nationwide. It specializes in modern and contemporary styles, but also provides customized design services for any type of project.
The company aims for beauty, functionality and excellence in every project. Thus, its team of designers are the best in their field, experienced and equipped with a high quality educational background in Interior Design and related fields. Most of all, client satisfaction is [Company Name]’s priority. It prides itself in achieving clients’ goals for their space without compromising design, quality and comfort.
[Company Name] will be able to provide the following services to its clients:
- Interior design: Planning and designing of indoor spaces
- Design and build: Designing and supervision of a new space from start to finish
- Renovation: Space improvement and remodeling
- e-Design: Online interior design consultation that includes space design/plan, coordinating with client’s local suppliers for furniture and raw materials, and access to [Company Name]’s online space designing platform.
[Company Name] designs projects for residential and commercial properties, as well hospitality clients.
[Company Name] will primarily serve the residents who live within the city. The demographics of these customers are as follows:
- 226,520 residents
- 20,541 businesses
- Average income of $58,100
- 44.6% married
- 39% in Mgt./Professional occupations
- Median age: 37.2 years
[Company Name] management team is led by its owner, the entrepreneur-turned-interior-designer, [Founder’s Name]. [Founder] worked as a business consultant for [x] years at [Company Name] and later pursued a career in Interior Design. He passed the exam for the National Council for Interior Design with high remarks.
[Founder’s Name] will lead the company with his colleague, [Manager B], who is also an interior designer from [Location]. He will assist [Founder] with the entire operation of [Company Name].
[Company Name] is uniquely qualified to succeed for the following reasons:
- [Company Name] is the first in [city] to have an online design planning platform for interior designers and clients to interact.
- The management team has a track record of success in the interior design business and hies designers with outstanding educational background and portfolio..
- Our location is in an economically progressing area where businesses are flourishing and expanding and residents are earning more income that they can use for home renovations.
[Company Name] is seeking a total funding of $220,000 of debt capital to open its interior design business. The capital will be used for funding capital expenditures and location build-out, hiring initial employees, marketing expenses and working capital.
Specifically, these funds will be used as follows:
- Headquarters design/build: $100,000
- Working capital: $120,000 to pay for marketing, salaries, and lease costs until [Company Name] reaches break-even
Top line projections over the next five years are as follows:
|Financial Summary||FY 1||FY 2||FY 3||FY 4||FY 5|
|Pre Tax Income||$219,152||$378,458||$505,670||$672,098||$912,948|
|Income Tax Expense||$76,703||$132,460||$176,985||$235,234||$319,532|
|Net Profit Margin||25%||31%||31%||32%||35%|