I. Executive Summary
This Section's Contents
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company Name] is a new residential HVAC company located in [location]. We will provide numerous services to ensure the residents of [location] remain comfortable in their homes. Some of these services include the repair and installation of furnaces, air conditioning systems, and hot water tanks. Customers can expect speedy and high-quality work paired with friendliness and excellent customer service.
[Company Name] provides numerous services that help to keep the homes of [location] comfortable. These services include the installation and repair of the following:
- Air conditioning systems
- Hot water tanks
- Air filtration systems
[Company Name] will primarily serve the homeowner within a 20-mile radius of our location. The demographics of these residents are as follows:
- 261,684 residents
- Average income of $56,000
- 54.8% married
- Median age: 39 years
- 43% homeowners
These demographics indicate that there are numerous homeowners in the area who will need HVAC services for their homes. Customers typically look for HVAC contractors who are friendly, provide great customer service, and charge moderate prices. [Company Name] will provide all of this and develop a loyal client base within the area.
[Company Name] is led by [Founder’s Name], who has been in the HVAC industry for [X] years. He started his career working for a local HVAC competitor but eventually broke off as an independent contractor. After years of experience and developing a loyal customer base, [Founder’s Name] is ready to establish his own HVAC company and manage other contractors. His years in the industry have given him the skills and knowledge to run all aspects of the business, including operations, management, and marketing.
[Company Name] is uniquely qualified to succeed due to the following reasons:
- The company is in an area with high homeownership rates with a good mix of old and new homes that will need HVAC services.
- The founder has a track record of success in the HVAC industry and is a proven expert in the field.
- [Founder’s Name] already has a loyal client base from his time as an independent contractor.
- The pricing will be moderate and competitive with other HVAC businesses.
[Company Name] is currently seeking $400,000 to launch. Specifically, these funds will be used as follows:
- Office design/build: $150,000
- Vehicle purchase and maintenance: $100,000
- Equipment and tools: $50,000
- Working capital: $100,000 to pay for marketing, salaries, and lease costs until [Company Name] reaches break-even
Top line projections over the next five years are as follows:
|Financial Summary||FY 1||FY 2||FY 3||FY 4||FY 5|
|Pre Tax Income||$219,152||$378,458||$505,670||$672,098||$912,948|
|Income Tax Expense||$76,703||$132,460||$176,985||$235,234||$319,532|
|Net Profit Margin||25%||31%||31%||32%||35%|