I. Executive Summary
This Section's Contents
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company Name], located in [insert location here] is a new hot dog cart company that focuses on providing all natural, high protein hot dogs that appeal to health-conscious consumers. The Company will sell a variety of hot dog products with new flavors to suit a range of tastes and preferences. Consumers will be able to purchase [Company Name]’s hot dogs from a hot dog cart that will be set up near a busy community park in the center of town.
[Company Name] will provide a range of hot dog products from its carts. Hot dog varieties will include all beef, all chicken, and vegan meat-alternative options. Each product category will come in multiple flavors such as barbeque, teriyaki, brown sugar, and more. Customers will be able to choose from a variety of hot dog toppings. The hot dog cart will also sell canned beverages to accompany the delicious hot dogs.
[Company Name] will primarily serve residents within a 15-mile radius of the hot dog cart location. The demographics of these customers are as follows:
- 28,827 residents
- Average income of $34,700
- 58% married
- 41% in Management or professional occupations
- Median age: 38 years
[Company Name] will be solely owned and operated by [Founder’s Name]. In his experience working as a hot dog vendor for another hot dog cart company, he acquired an in-depth knowledge of the operations and marketing of running a hot dog cart business before he started [Company name]. [Founder’s Name]’s fun nature, innovative hot dog cart business ideas, and passion for entrepreneurship led him to start a business in this industry.
[Founder] graduated from the University of ABC, where he majored in Business. He also has a certificate in food service management from the local culinary institute.
[Company Name] is uniquely qualified to succeed due to the following reasons:
- The hot dog cart will be located in a highly trafficked, prime location adjacent to a busy park that is close to multiple schools and a commercial district in the center of town.
- [Founder’s Name] has lived in [company location] all of his life and has raised his family in the same community as the target market. He has many connections with the local schools, businesses, and community organizations.
- [Company Name] will offer premium hot dogs at a price point that is competitive with other establishments and be moderately priced for freshly made hot dogs.
- The hot dog cart business is a proven business model and has succeeded in communities throughout the United States.
- Market trends such as healthy convenience foods support the business opportunity.
[Company Name] is seeking total funding of $90,000 to open its hot dog cart company. Funds will be used to support the following:
- Hot dog cart, equipment, and supplies: $50,000
- Working capital: $40,000 to pay for marketing, salaries, and supply costs until [Company Name] reaches break-even
Top line projections over the next five years are as follows:
|Financial Summary||FY 1||FY 2||FY 3||FY 4||FY 5|
|Pre Tax Income||$219,152||$378,458||$505,670||$672,098||$912,948|
|Income Tax Expense||$76,703||$132,460||$176,985||$235,234||$319,532|
|Net Profit Margin||25%||31%||31%||32%||35%|