I. Executive Summary
This Section's Contents
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company Name], located in [insert location here] is a new horse boarding company that focuses on providing high-quality, full-care horse boarding for recreational horse owners. The company provides all the essentials every horse needs to be healthy and happy in a spacious ranch-style boarding facility. [Company Name] aims to be the premier horse boarding company providing the best horse care and customer service in the area.
[Company Name] will provide all of the essentials every horse needs on a daily basis to be healthy and happy. Customers can rest assured their horse will be in good hands. Additionally, the Company will offer horse training and horseback riding lessons.
The following are the products and services included in the monthly boarding fees:
- Designated Stall with hay and shavings
- Food & Water
- Daily Feeding
- Pasture Access
- Stall Cleaning
- Veterinary Visits (customer pays for vet fees)
- Supplement & Medication Administration
- Horse Training
- Riding Lessons
[Company Name] will primarily serve horse owners within a 10-20-mile radius of the location. The demographics of these horse owners are as follows:
- Average age of horse owners is 38-45 years old
- 37% of horseback riding participants in the area are under age 18
- Approximately 51% of horse owners are married
- 57% of horse owners are college graduates
- 59% of horse owners in the area are in managerial/professional occupations
- 32% of horse owners in the area have an income of $65,000-$100,000
[Company Name]’s most valuable asset is the expertise and experience of its founder, [Founder’s Name]. [First name] has been in the horse boarding business for the past 20 years. During this time she developed a deep understanding of the horse boarding industry.
[Company name] will also have an experienced assistant manager who will be trained in handling the administrative tasks of the business. The desired individual will have an undergraduate business degree and years of management experience. [Company name] will also employ certified horse trainers, experienced horseback riding instructors, and an on-call veterinarian in case of medical emergencies.
[Company Name] is uniquely qualified to succeed due to the following reasons:
- [Company Name] will fill a specific market niche in the growing local community. In addition, the management team has surveyed the local population and received extremely positive feedback saying that they explicitly need a reliable horse boarding option in the area.
- The location is in a high-wealth area where customers are in need of horse boarding services and have the means to pay for them.
- The management team has a track record of success in the horse boarding business.
- The local area is currently under served and has very few horse boarding facilities offering an expert level of full care boarding services, training, and horseback riding.
[Company Name] is seeking a total funding of $225,000 of debt capital to open its horse boarding company.
- Boarding facility design/build-out: $100,000
- Equipment and supplies: $75,000
- Working capital: $50,000 to pay for marketing, salaries, and lease costs until [Company Name] reaches break-even
Top line projections over the next five years are as follows:
|Financial Summary||FY 1||FY 2||FY 3||FY 4||FY 5|
|Pre Tax Income||$219,152||$378,458||$505,670||$672,098||$912,948|
|Income Tax Expense||$76,703||$132,460||$176,985||$235,234||$319,532|
|Net Profit Margin||25%||31%||31%||32%||35%|