I. Executive Summary
This Section's Contents
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company Name], located in [insert location here] is a licensed and insured home inspection company. The company provides a full scope of home inspection services and provides each client with a detailed, digital report of its findings. The Company’s inspection services are available for single family homes, condos and commercial properties. The goal is to become one of the largest home inspection companies in the area.
[Company Name] will provide a variety of services including:
- Structural Inspection
- Reporting on and evaluating the component systems of a building (electrical, fire, roofing, and plumbing)
- Assessing compliance with building, electrical, plumbing, and fire codes
- Evaluating building plans and permits
- Studying and assessing the soil composition and attributes of where the building is located
- Issuing violation notices and stop-work orders until building in violation is compliant
- Keeping logs, including photographs taken during the inspection
- Real estate consultancy and advisory services
[Company Name] will primarily serve homeowners, home buyers and renters in [Location]. It will also look to offer its services to residential, commercial & institutional buildings in the area.
- Home owners & dwellers: 35%
- Home buyers & renters: 40%
- Residential, commercial & institutional buildings: 25%
[Company Name] is led by [Founder’s name], who has been in the real estate industry for [x] years. [Founder] has a degree in Estate Management and ICC Building Inspection Certification. He has extensive experience in the real estate industry, working for leading real estate companies prior to starting his own company.
[Company Name] is qualified to succeed due to the following reasons:
- There has been significant growth in the building inspection industry, increasing the demand for building inspectors over the past few years. In addition, the company surveyed the local population and received highly positive feedback pointing towards an explicit demand for the services, supporting the business after launch.
- The Company will provide varieties of services that can meet the need of a wide range of customers.
- The management team has a track record of success in the home inspection business.
- The home inspection service company is a proven, successful business in the United States.
[Company Name] is currently seeking $150,000 to launch a home inspection company. Specifically, these funds will be used as follows:
- Office build-out and Startup costs: $70,000
- Home-inspection equipment: $50,000
- Working capital: $30,000 to pay for marketing, salaries, and lease costs until [Company Name] reaches break-even
Top line projections over the next five years are as follows:
|Financial Summary||FY 1||FY 2||FY 3||FY 4||FY 5|
|Pre Tax Income||$219,152||$378,458||$505,670||$672,098||$912,948|
|Income Tax Expense||$76,703||$132,460||$176,985||$235,234||$319,532|
|Net Profit Margin||25%||31%||31%||32%||35%|