I. Executive Summary
This Section's Contents
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company Name], located in [Location] is a new golf course company that focuses on providing expertly designed golf courses for the general public, families, and players of all skill levels ranging from novice to expert. [Company Name] aims to be the most fun golf course in the area for individuals and families of all ages.
[Company Name] will provide three different golf courses to choose from, ranging from the beginner course to the expert course. The company will also provide golf lessons and host golf tournaments and events.
Additional offerings include a full restaurant, lounge, golf store, children’s play area, and Frisbee golf options.
[Company Name] will primarily serve the residents within a 20-mile radius of the facility. The demographics of these residents are as follows:
- 195,203 residents
- Average income of $46,000
- 49.3% married
- 40.5% in Mgt./Professional occupations
- Median age: 43 years
Of the above mentioned residents, about 35% of the population are fairly active and regularly participate in a variety of recreational activities.
[Company Name] is led by [Founder’s Name] who has been in the golf course industry for nearly 20 years. While [Founder] has never owned a golf course himself, he has been a golf club manager since age 21 and has spent most of his adult life working at golf courses. As such [Founder] has an in-depth knowledge of the golf course business including the operations side (e.g., running day-to-day operations) and the business management side (e.g., staffing, marketing, etc.).
[Company Name] is uniquely qualified to succeed due to the following reasons:
- The company will fill a specific market niche in the growing community. In addition, [Founder] has surveyed the local population and received extremely positive feedback saying that they explicitly want to frequent the business when launched.
- The location is in a high-volume area with easy access from multiple residential and commercial zones.
- The management team has a track record of success in the golf business.
- The golf course is a proven business model and has succeeded in communities throughout the United States.
- Local competitors leave a large gap in the market—there are multiple elite golf courses in the area catering to high-net-worth golf players who are serious about the sport. There are no golf courses that cater to the general public, families, and novice players.
[Company Name] is seeking a total funding of $7,000,000 to launch the golf course. The capital will be used for funding capital expenditures, manpower costs, marketing expenses, and working capital.
Specifically, these funds will be used as follows:
- Golf course design/build: approximately $6,500,000
- Working capital: approximately $500,000 to pay for marketing, salaries, and lease costs until [Company Name] reaches break-even
Top line projections over the next five years are as follows:
|Financial Summary||FY 1||FY 2||FY 3||FY 4||FY 5|
|Pre Tax Income||$219,152||$378,458||$505,670||$672,098||$912,948|
|Income Tax Expense||$76,703||$132,460||$176,985||$235,234||$319,532|
|Net Profit Margin||25%||31%||31%||32%||35%|