V. Competitive Analysis
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
Direct & Indirect Competitors
Shayla Farms is one of the large-scale goat farms in the US, owning an 8,000 ha area. It has well-established relationships with local retailers and has been in business for 32 years. Shayla Farms offers good quality goat dairy products and meat. It also has automated equipment and machines, which helps in improving its operations. Moreover, it is also known for delivering large orders at the right time without delay.
Farmer Joe’s Goats
Farmer Joe’s Goats has been operating since 1995 and is a well-known company that provides good quality goat meat with affordable pricing. It primarily targets local companies and retailers and has a large distribution network that can serve customers up to a 500-mile radius. Farmer Joe’s Goats also has a very effective distribution and supply chain network. However, Farmer Joe’s Goats offerings are only limited to goat meat.
Goats USA has been in business for the past [X] years and enjoys great success. It is one of the largest goat meat and dairy producers in the region. It easily caters to local residents primarily due to its prime location. It provides multiple goat meat and dairy products, including milk and cheese.
[Company Name] enjoys several advantages over its competitors. These advantages include:
- Management: The company’s management team has years of business and marketing experience that allows them to market and serve customers in an improved and sophisticated manner than the competitors.
- Relationships: Having lived in the community for [X] years, [Founder’s Name] knows all of the local leaders, media, and other influencers. As such, it will be relatively easy for [Company Name] to build brand awareness and an initial customer base.
- Quality products at affordable pricing: [Company Name] will provide quality products at affordable pricing, as it has high-quality equipment and uses the latest techniques.
- Good Packaging: [Company Name] will utilize product-oriented packaging materials that can reduce the damage in the products at the time of supply.
- Attractive Farm Setting: [Company Name] offers a uniquely attractive setting that will encourage residents to visit for a tour or schedule a special event at the farm.