I. Executive Summary
This Section's Contents
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company Name], located outside of [Location], is a registered and licensed goat farming company. The company operates a 50 acre farm that is home to over 100 goats. The goats are raised in an all-natural environment- no antibiotics, hormones, steroids – and all animals are grass-fed. [Company Name] is also fully equipped with the latest technology and equipment used in the goat farming industry.
The farm produces quality goat meats and milk products that we sell to local residents, wholesalers, and retailers. Local residents who want to visit the farm and meet the goats can schedule a tour with us. We also allow residents to reserve the farm for their wedding or other special occasion for a fee.
[Company Name] will be involved in the commercial breeding of goats to provide milk, cheese, and meat.
In addition to the sale of these products, the company will also offer tours of the farm for a small fee. This allows local residents to learn more about the goat farming industry and meet our goats in person. Anyone who is interested in making this serene farm the setting to their special event can reserve the farm for a fee.
[Company Name] will primarily serve local residents and retailers of goat dairy products and meat within a 50-mile radius of the farm. The demographics of the target customer profile is as follows:
- 122,814 residents
- Average income of $65,000
- 12,000+ retailers
[Company Name]’s most valuable asset is the expertise and experience of its founder, [Founder’s Name]. [Founder’s Name] has been a goat farm operations manager for the past [X] years, so he has in-depth knowledge and experience running a business in this industry. [Founder’s Name] will run the general operations and administrative functions of the company and hire other employees to manage the sales and day-to-day operations.
[Company Name] is qualified to succeed due to the following reasons:
- There is currently a high demand for goat meat and milk products in the community. In addition, the company surveyed the local population and received highly positive feedback pointing towards an explicit demand for the products, supporting the business after launch.
- The company has healthy relationships with loads of major players in the industry.
- The management team has a track record of success in the goat farming business.
- The goat farming business is a proven business and has succeeded in communities throughout the US.
[Company Name] is currently seeking $600,000 to start the company. Specifically, these funds will be used as follows:
- Land and Equipment: $250,000
- Goat Care Supplies: $100,000
- Overhead Costs: $100,000
- Working Capital: $150,000 to pay for marketing, salaries, and lease costs until [Company Name] reaches break-even
Top line projections over the next five years are as follows:
|Financial Summary||FY 1||FY 2||FY 3||FY 4||FY 5|
|Pre Tax Income||$219,152||$378,458||$505,670||$672,098||$912,948|
|Income Tax Expense||$76,703||$132,460||$176,985||$235,234||$319,532|
|Net Profit Margin||25%||31%||31%||32%||35%|