II. Company Overview
This Section's Contents
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
Who is [Company Name]?
[Company Name], located at [insert location here] is a new wealth management firm providing financial advisory and investments to its clients. The Company will operate in a Professional setting, conveniently located next to [notable bank.] [Company Name] is headed by [Founder’s Name], an MBA Graduate from UCLA with 20 years of experience working for Merrill Lynch.
[Company Name] was founded by [Founder’s Name]. While [Founder’s Name] has been in the financial services sector for some time, it was in [month, year] that he decided to launch [Company Name]. Specifically, during this time, [Founder] met with a former friend and fellow independent financial advisor in Fort Lauderdale who has had tremendous success. After discussing the business at length, [Founder’s Name] clearly understood that a similar business would enjoy significant success in his hometown.
Specifically, the customer demographics and competitive situations in the Fort Lauderdale location and in his hometown were so similar that he knew the business would work. After surveying the local population, [Founder’s name] went ahead and founded [company name].
[Company Name]’s History
Upon returning from Fort Lauderdale, surveying the local customer base, and finding a potential retail office, [Founder’s Name] incorporated [Company Name] as an S-Corporation on [date of incorporation].
The business is currently being run out of [Founder’s Name] home office, but once the lease on [Company Name]’s office location is finalized, all operations will be run from there.
Since incorporation, the Company has achieved the following milestones:
- Found office space and signed Letter of Intent to lease it
- Developed the company’s name, logo and website located at [website]
- Hired an interior designer for the decor and furniture layout
- Determined equipment and fixture requirements
- Began recruiting key employees
[Company Name]’s Products & Services
[Founder’s Name] will be able to provide clients with the following services:
- Asset Management: investing and managing client’s savings depending on portfolio preferences.
- Financial Planning: detailed planning and a structured layout for retirement or child’s funds for college.
- Hourly Advice: advising clients that do not have assets with [Company Name] on an hourly basis.
- Life Insurance: providing the option of life insurance to clients as part of their long term and retirement planning.
As [Founder’s Name] understands, the key to a successful advisory business is being accessible and staying in contact with clients. [Founder’s Name] will have a full time assistant on hand who, among other things, will manage client’s phone calls and answer questions as possible.
[Company Name] will also feature a Bloomberg Terminal and several major publications in order to stay informed on important news and market trends.