I. Executive Summary
This Section's Contents
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company Name], located at [insert location here] is a new wealth management firm providing financial advisory and investments to its clients. The Company will operate in a Professional setting, conveniently located next to [notable bank] in the center of the financial district. [Company Name] is headed by [Founder’s Name], an MBA Graduate from UCLA with 20 years of experience working as a financial advisor in such firms as Merrill Lynch Wealth Management.
[Company Name] will focus on close client relationships. It has a full time assistant who, among other things, will focus on answering client’s daily questions and drafting newsletters to increase client communication.
The founder, [Founder’s Name], will also focus on answering his clientele’s needs. In addition to newsletters and email updates, [Founder’s Name] will hold seminars on financial strategies and investment presentations for his clients.
[Company’s Name] services include private wealth management, retirement services and other financial planning, and life insurance offerings.
[Company Name] will primarily serve the residents within a 20-mile radius of our location. The demographics of these customers are as follows:
- [Number of residents]
- [Average or median income]
- [% married, % families]
- [% professional occupations]
- [Median age]
In addition to this prime adult demographic for a wealth management firm, there are four large banks in the area. Working professionals, especially those in the financial sector, realize the importance of early retirement planning and investment advice and create a perfect target market.
[Company Name]’s most valuable asset is the expertise and experience of its founder, [full name]. [First name] has been a certified financial advisor for the past 20 years. He has spent much of his career working at Merrill Lynch’s Wealth Management division. He spent the more recent portion of his career at a smaller firm, Century Asset Management, where his client base doubled and his assets-under management tripled in 8 years.
[Company name] will also employ an experienced assistant to help with various administrative duties around the office. [Assistant’s name] has experience working with C-level executives and has spent significant time as an administrator
[Company Name] is uniquely qualified to succeed due to the following reasons:
- The Company will fill a specific market niche in the growing community we are entering. In addition, we have surveyed the local population and received extremely positive feedback saying that they explicitly want to make use of our services when launched.
- Our location is in a high-volume area with easy access from multiple residential and commercial district zones.
- The management team has a track record of success in the private wealth management business.
- The local area is currently under served and does not have specialized financial advisors.
[Company Name] is currently seeking $125,000 to launch. Specifically, these funds will be used as follows:
- Store design/build: $60,000
- Working capital: $65,000 to pay for Marketing, salaries, and lease costs until [Company Name] reaches break-even
Topline projections over the next five years are as follows:
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5|
|Pre Tax Income||$62,455||$881,858||$1,063,023||$1,295,091||$1,556,772|
|Income Tax Expense||$21,859||$308,650||$372,058||$453,282||$544,870|
|Number of locations||1||1||1||1||1|
|Number of orders||3,600||7,776||8,398||9,070||9,796|