I. Executive Summary
[Company Name], is a Bohemian-inspired clothing brand emphasizing chic, urban designs that highlight the wearer’s playful and artistic side. Our clothing line will be sold in select specialty boutiques on the East Coast and then expand into wholesale to reach a greater number of stores and, eventually, department stores. It will also aim to sell via ecommerce on third party sites and will explore the incorporation of an ecommerce platform on its own site later in the year.
Products and Services
[Company Name]will offer a women’s clothing line that is exquisite and sophisticated, as well as practical and wearable. [Company Name] breathes provides chic and effortless style. [Company Name]offers a full range collection where each piece is special individually. [Company Name]creates inimitable pieces that can be worn for years; combined with basics or trends.
[Company Name] will primarily serve women aged 25-44 with disposable income. The demographics of these customers are as follows:
- 150 million women in the U.S.
- Average income of $54,700
- 38.9% married
- 49.6% in Mgt./Professional occupations
[Company Name]is led by [Founder’s Name] who has been in the clothing business for 20 years. While [Founder] has never started a clothing line himself, he was an assistant to a fashion designer previously. As such [Founder] has an in-depth knowledge of the fashion business including the operations side (e.g., running day-to-day operations) and the business management side (e.g., staffing, marketing, etc.).
[Company Name] is uniquely qualified to succeed for the following reasons:
- [Company Name]provides high fashion, quality and affordability all at once.Much of designer fashion has shifted towards mass production. With an increasing desire to differentiate, especially through attire, young affluent individuals are looking to brands that provide the same level of quality as the traditional high-end brands, but with designs that are not commonly found everywhere.
- With many point of sale options, [Company Name] and will thus be highly convenient to significant numbers of shoppers.
- The management team has a track record of success in thefashion and clothing business.
- The fashion business is a proven business and has succeeded in communities throughout the United States.
[Company Name] is currently seeking $330,000 to launch.Specifically, these funds will be used as follows:
- Costs of Goods: $165,000
- Working capital: $165,000 to pay for marketing and salaries, until [Company Name] reaches break-even.
Top line projections over the next five years are as follows: