I. Executive Summary
This Section's Contents
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company Name] is a new independent esthetician business located in [location]. [Company Name] will offer a variety of skin care services to help customers feel renewed and youthful, including facials, chemical peels, and cryotherapy. Customers will enjoy the relaxing atmosphere of our small spa as well as the attention and care that goes into every appointment.
[Company Name] aims to be the go-to business for all one’s skin care needs. To accomplish this, [Company Name] will provide numerous services to help clients renew their skin and health. Some of our initial products and services include:
- Waxing services
- Chemical peels
- Body wraps
- Eyebrow tinting
[Company Name] will primarily serve the residents living within a 10-mile radius of our location. The demographics of these customers are as follows:
- 59,621 residents
- Average income of $64,700
- 58.9% married
- 55% female
- Median age: 38 years
These demographics serve our business well. Though everyone is welcome to utilize our services, traditionally, middle and upper-class females in the 20-50 age range are the predominant customer segment for the esthetician industry.
[Company Name] is led by [Founder’s Name], who has been in the beauty care industry for [X] years. She has spent most of her career providing esthetician services for other spas, salons, and wellness clinics around [location]. She is eager to start her own business, and many of her current customers have already agreed to frequent her business once it launches.
While [Founder’s Name] has never run an independent esthetician business herself, she has an in-depth knowledge of the esthetician industry from her previous experience, including the operations side (e.g., running day-to-day operations) and the business management side (e.g., staffing, marketing, etc.) of the industry.
[Company Name] is uniquely qualified to succeed due to the following reasons:
- Our location is in a high-volume area that is easy to access by car, foot, or public transportation.
- The management team has a track record of success in the esthetician industry.
- The esthetician business is a proven business and has succeeded in communities throughout the United States.
- [Founder’s Name] already has an initial client base that she has built up during her time working for other salons and spas.
[Company Name] is currently seeking $250,000 to launch. Specifically, these funds will be used as follows:
- Spa design/build: $100,000
- Equipment and supplies: $50,000
- Working capital: $100,000 to pay for marketing, salaries, and lease costs until [Company Name] reaches break-even
Top line projections over the next five years are as follows:
|Financial Summary||FY 1||FY 2||FY 3||FY 4||FY 5|
|Pre Tax Income||$219,152||$378,458||$505,670||$672,098||$912,948|
|Income Tax Expense||$76,703||$132,460||$176,985||$235,234||$319,532|
|Net Profit Margin||25%||31%||31%||32%||35%|