I. Executive Summary
This Section's Contents
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company Name] is a senior daycare business that serves elderly residents living in [Location] and the surrounding areas. Our business is open daily for local senior residents who want to engage in a fun community while getting the care they need. We offer a center full of activities and care services to ensure every resident feels like they are a part of a compassionate and caring community. Every day they come to our center, our patients can expect high-quality meals and snacks, engaging activities and social interaction, and compassionate healthcare and support. With all of these services and more, patients will feel right at home when they come to [Company Name].
The professional staff at [Company Name] will provide numerous services to ensure all our senior residents are cared for and are in optimal health. Some of these services include:
- Social gatherings and activities
- Nutritional meals
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Safe transportation to and from the daycare center
[Company Name] will serve the aging community (55+) of [Location]. The demographics of this area are as follows:
- 400,613 residents
- Average income of $60,000
- 72.1% married
- 46.3% retired and/or over the age of 55
- Median age: 42 years
[Company Name] is owned and operated by [Founder’s Name], a Registered Nurse who has worked for the past 20 years in various nursing homes and senior daycare centers around [Location]. At each location she worked at, she was never satisfied with the level of care, compassion, and cleanliness of each facility. She knew that local senior residents deserved a daycare center they could call their second home. This requires training compassionate staff, providing enjoyable activities, and offering high-quality healthcare services. With these goals in mind, [Founder’s Name] set out to establish a senior daycare center with all of these features.
Though she has never run a business or senior daycare center herself, she has spent considerable time in the industry and learned all aspects (including operations, marketing, and management) of running a senior daycare business.
[Company Name] has several advantages over its competition. Those advantages include:
- Our location is in a high-volume area with easy access from multiple residential and commercial areas.
- The management team has a track record of success in the senior daycare and nursing home industries.
- [Company Name] will offer all daycare services for an affordable price.
- [Company Name] will contain compassionate and friendly staff that will keep residents coming back.
[Company Name] is currently seeking $500,000 to launch. Specifically, these funds will be used as follows:
- Store design/build: $200,000
- Initial supplies and equipment: $150,000
- Working capital: $150,000 to pay for marketing, salaries, and lease costs until [Company Name] reaches break-even
Top line projections over the next five years are as follows:
|Financial Summary||FY 1||FY 2||FY 3||FY 4||FY 5|
|Pre Tax Income||$219,152||$378,458||$505,670||$672,098||$912,948|
|Income Tax Expense||$76,703||$132,460||$176,985||$235,234||$319,532|
|Net Profit Margin||25%||31%||31%||32%||35%|