I. Executive Summary
[Company Name], headquartered at [insert location here] is a new eco-friendly baby supplies e-commerce website that seeks to offer an alternative resource to the mass-market of baby care items. It will feature products that specialize in all-natural, environmentally friendly baby, feminine and maternity items.
Products and Services
[Company Name]will sell an exclusive collection of baby care items with a focus on eco-friendly and environmentally safe products. Product offerings also include an array of feminine and maternity items. It is a priority of [Company Name] to offer only the best products with all-natural ingredients and materials.
[Company Name]is also dedicated to providing educational information on baby care, pregnancy, and holistic lifestyles.
[Company Name]’s target market is comprised primarily of online consumers with a specific focus on moms and eco-friendly consumers.
The demographics of these customers are as follows:
- Roughly 200 million Americans shop online
- Average income of $76,000
- 82% married
- 49.6% in Mgt./Professional occupations
- Median age: 34 years
- Green consumers are found in substantial numbers across all demographic groups, but ages 18 to 34 year olds and high-income households are the top groups for green shopping.
[Company Name]is led by [Founder’s Name] who has been in the e-commerce business for 10 years. While [Founder] has never run an e-commerce portal himself, he was previously director of strategic development for an e-commerce site. As such [Founder] has an in-depth knowledge of the e-commerce business as well as the needs mothers, including the operations side (e.g., running day-to-day operations) and the business management side (e.g., staffing, marketing, etc.).
[Company Name] is uniquely qualified to succeed for the following reasons:
- There is currently noe-commerce site dedicated to eco-friendly baby and feminine products. [Company Name]’s focused approach on eco-friendly products is unique in a market where websites look to offer a broad range of products.
- The management team has a track record of success in the e-commerce and consumer product business.
- The e-commerce business is a proven business and has succeeded throughout the world.
- Market trends,such as the growth in e-commerce purchases and the “green” movement favor this business.
Company Nameis seeking a total funding of $430,000 to launch its business. The capital will be used for funding capital expenditures, manpower costs, marketing expenses and working capital.
Specifically, these funds will be used as follows:
- Website design/build and startup business expenses: approximately $120,000
- Working capital: approximately $310,000 to pay for Marketing, salaries, and lease costs until [Company Name] reaches break-even
Top line projections over the next five years are as follows:
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5|
|Income Tax Expense||$0||$0||$284,186||$641,754||$1,086,116|
|Number of orders||36,563||122,155||221,444||287,415||349,355|