V. Competitive Analysis
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
Direct & Indirect Competitors
Doggie Dawg Spa
Doggie Dawg Spa is a pet grooming service that specializes in dog grooming. The facility uses all natural, organic bath products and provides treats for all pets. All services include bath, brush, ears, nails, anal glands and breath spray. Services offered include: Baths, haircuts, dematting, desunking, nail file and trim, blo-drying and styling.
Services range from $45-$65/pet
Established in 2011, Splish Splash Grooming delivers a luxurious, stress-free grooming experience to pets, at the location of the customer’s choice. Splish Splash is equipped to provide a wide array of services, and is available on weekends, evenings, and some holidays. Because of space limitations, the company does not accommodate pets above 70 pounds.
Specific services and pricing are available by private consultation only.
K-9 Clippers is a groomer with a goal to safely groom and pamper pets in a comfortable and stress-free environment. The spa offers a flexible schedule for its service area Services offered:
– Basic – Massage, eyes cleaning, pad trimming, ears cleaning, anal glands, nail trimming, brushing & deshedding
– Tidy Up Grooming – Feet and face trimming, belly shave, and sanitary.
– Full-Service Grooming – Everything included in basic with Full clipping/styling
– Cats – Bath and/or shave with nail trimming
– Optional Add-Ons: Full Deshedding Treatment, Nail Polish and Hair Color
Services range from $40-$85/pet
[Company Name] enjoys several advantages over its competitors. These advantages include:
- Client-oriented service: [Company Name] will have a full-time sales manager to keep in contact with clients and answer their everyday questions. [Founder’s Name] will keep in touch with clients through a monthly newsletter with promotions and industry news.
- Management: [Founder’s Name] has been extremely successful working in the dog grooming services business and will be able to use his previous experience to assure clients of the care that [Company Name] will take to do the job right. His unique qualifications will serve customers in a much more sophisticated manner than [Company Name’s] competitors.
- Relationships: Having lived in the community for 25 years, [Founder’s Name] knows many of the local leaders, newspapers and other influences. Furthermore, he will be able to draw from his ties to homeowners from his work at the veterinary clinic to develop an initial client base.