II. Company Overview
This Section's Contents
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
Who is [Company Name]?
[Company Name] is a dog daycare business in [Location] that provides excellent pet care specifically for dogs and puppies. We maintain a safe and dog-friendly environment that assures our busy clients that their pets are in good hands whenever they leave them in our care. With our vast space, fun and stimulating environment, private resting areas, and professional pet caretakers, we position ourselves to be the leading dog daycare business in the [Location] area.
[Company Name]’s History
[Founder’s Name] started [Company name] in [month, year]. Driven by his love of dogs and because of the increasing number of dog owners within the city, [Founder’s name] decided to open a place where clients can bring their dogs for care and socialization while they are at work, or away on a trip. With his years of experience with dogs as a veterinary technician at a local veterinary clinic, he decided to start a dog daycare business of his own.
Since incorporation, the [Company Name] has achieved the following milestones:
- Found space and signed Letter of Intent to lease it
- Developed the company’s name, logo and website located at [website]
- Determined equipment and fixture requirements
- Began recruiting key employees
[Company Name]’s Products/Services
[Founder’s Name] provides the following services:
- Day care: Pets are supervised and cared for by the dog daycare staff for up to 10 hours per day, with scheduled play and rest times, and complete care services. Each pet will be provided a separate rest area, where they can eat and nap in comfort. Overnight accommodations are also available.
- Pet Grooming: On-site professional pet grooming services.
- Dog training: Certified dog trainers are on-site to provide customized training at the client’s request.
- Special Requests: Provide service for pets with special needs including administering medication, assisting with recovery from surgery, handicaps, etc.