I. Executive Summary
This Section's Contents
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company Name] is a craft whiskey and bourbon distillery located in the main commercial district of [Location Name]. The Company has purchased a building that was previously used as a distillery and plans to open an adjoining tasting room and retail store. The distillery is centrally located to facilitate easy distribution of its products.
The Company will produce a variety of American whiskeys and bourbons:
- High-end premium
- Super premium
All spirits will be made from cereal grains such as rye, barley or corn mash, with a select few flavor varieties.
[Company Name] will primarily serve consumers aged 21 and above, living within a 100-mile radius of the distillery. The demographics of these customers are as follows:
- 509,000 residents
- The average income of $52,600
- 41.6% married
- 49.6% in Mgt./Professional occupations
- Median age: 34 years
[Company name] will also target local restaurants, hotels, and grocery stores.
[Company Name] will be solely owned and operated by [Founder’s name], who has been distilling whiskey for more than [x] years. He worked with [xx company] as distiller assistant for [x] years before being promoted to head distiller in [year]. He worked as head distiller for [x] years before starting [Company Name]. As such, [Founder] has an in-depth knowledge of the distillery business, particularly on the operations side (e.g., running day-to-day operations), as well as a working knowledge of the business management side (e.g., staffing, marketing, etc.).
[Company Name] is qualified to succeed due to the following reasons:
- There is currently no distillery in [Location Name] where the company is opening its manufacturing facility. In addition, [Company name] has surveyed the local population and received extremely positive feedback saying that they explicitly want to purchase the whiskey when it is released.
- The Company’s will produce craft whiskey, using no artificial processes or additives, making it a superior product.
- The Company’s location is in a high-volume area and thus be highly convenient to significant number of passersby each day.
- The management team has a track record of success in the distillery business.
[Company Name] is currently seeking $430,000 to launch its distillery business. Specifically, these funds will be used as follows:
- Company design/build: $280,000
- Working capital: $150,000 to pay for marketing, salaries, and lease cost until [Company Name] reaches break-even.
Top line projections over the next five years are as follows:
|Financial Summary||FY 1||FY 2||FY 3||FY 4||FY 5|
|Pre Tax Income||$219,152||$378,458||$505,670||$672,098||$912,948|
|Income Tax Expense||$76,703||$132,460||$176,985||$235,234||$319,532|
|Net Profit Margin||25%||31%||31%||32%||35%|