II. Company Overview
This Section's Contents
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
Who is [Company Name]?
[Company Name] is a 24-hour convenience store located at the center of [Location]. It serves nearby schools, residential communities, and commercial and business establishments with pre-cooked meals, snacks, pastries, and beverages like coffee, milkshakes, and canned and bottled drinks. Aside from food and drinks, a limited range of household goods, groceries, over-the-counter medicine, magazines and newspapers are available at the store.
The store focuses on providing the daily necessities of commuters, office employees, and students. It is strategically located at the busiest street of [Location] city so it is easily accessible to its target market.
Aside from the 24-hour service, [Company Name] will offer delivery services, in which customers can place orders for home delivery via phone or on the website. Customers may also choose to schedule pick up orders. This takes the store’s ‘convenience’ to the next level.
[Company Name]’s History
[Company name] convenience store is owned and operated by [Founder’s name]. [Founder’s name]’s family has owned and operated retail stores for [x] years. This industry experience coupled with his Business Administration degree from [University], makes [Founder’s name] an expert in running convenience stores. He also has extensive knowledge of buying and selling goods, making him the ideal candidate to open a new store.
Since incorporation, the company has achieved the following milestones:
- Found store location and signed Letter of Intent to lease it
- Developed the company’s name, logo and website
- Determined equipment and inventory requirements
- Began recruiting key employees with experience in merchandising
[Company Name]’s Products/Services
These are the products [Company name] will offer:
- Pre-cooked meals: pasta, pizza, sandwiches, noodles
- Bread and Bakery products: bread, cake, bagels, dinner rolls
- Personal Care: shampoo, shaving cream, soap, hand soap
- Snacks: chips, nuts, chocolates, candy, ice cream
- Beverages: bottled water, canned drinks, coffee, tea, juice, soda, wine, beer
- Canned Goods: fruits, vegetables, sauces, condiments
- Dairy: cheese, eggs, milk, yogurt, butter
- Cleaners: all purpose, laundry detergent, dishwashing liquid and detergents
- Over-the-counter medicines
[Company Name] convenience store also offers pick-up and delivery services.