You can download the Catering business plan template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
Direct & Indirect Competitors
The following prominent caterers are located within a 15 mile radius of [Company Name], thus providing either direct or indirect competition for customers:
Elegant Catering is the town’s leading caterer and has been in business for 32 years. Elegant offers a wide array of foods, full event planning services, and event design services (floral and décor).
Elegant has an extensive menu and an established clientele, but does not serve a large number of clients who cannot afford its top tier prices.
Old Time Organic
Old Time Organics has been in business for 5 years. Old Time offers a variety of baked goods, organic teas and coffees, and sandwiches.
While Old Time Organics’ food is entirely organic, they have a very limited selection of items and specialize in breakfast and lunch delivery. They have a retail location with four sit down tables and do not handle large, upscale social or corporate events.
Freddy’s Catering is a recently opened caterer with a festive attitude and brand that especially appeals to parents throwing parties for children. Freddy’s offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
[Company Name] has several advantages over Freddy’s Catering including:
- Freddy’s Catering only offers limited menu options without room for customization.
- Freddy’s cater-waiters have a laid-back attitude giving the company’s service a less formal
We expect that Freddy’s Catering will continue to thrive based on its brand. However, we expect that more and more customers will frequent [Company Name] based on the high-quality food and service it offers.
|Type of food||Elegant||Old Time||Freddy's|
|Breakfast||$9 - $12||$12-$15||$15-$18|
[Company Name] enjoys several advantages over its competitors. These advantages include:
- Menu Customization: Offering extensive menu options and allowing extensive customization of menu options, [Company Name]
- Management: Our management team has years of business and marketing experience that allows us to market and serve customers in a much more sophisticated manner than our competitors.
- Relationships: Having lived in the community for 25 years, [Founder’s Name] knows all of the local leaders, newspapers and other influencers. As such, it will be relatively easy for us to build branding and awareness of our catering business