I. Executive Summary
You can download the Catering business plan template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company Name], located at [insert location here] is a new, upscale catering business focusing on providing a variety of cuisines and services for private and corporate events and meetings.
[Company Name]will offer a full menu of breakfast, lunch, and dinner options (including appetizers, salads, soups, sandwiches, entrees and desserts). [Company Name] will also provide event planning, décor, and floral design services, as well as referrals to additional event vendors.
[Company Name] will primarily serve the residents within a 15 mile radius of our facility. The demographics of these customers are as follows:
- 27,827 residents
- Average income of $74,700
- 58.9% married
- 49.6% in Mgt./Professional occupations
- Median age: 38 years
[Company Name] will serve private customers, primarily brides and parents, corporations and non profits in the general vicinity.
[Company Name]is led by [Founder’s Name] who has been in the catering business for 20 years. While [Founder] has never run a business himself, he has taught cooking classes at the local culinary institute for 10 years and has worked as a head chef an upscale caterer in the community over the past 10 years. As such [Founder] has an in-depth knowledge of the catering business including the operations side (e.g., running day-to-day operations) and the business management side (e.g., staffing, marketing, etc.).
[Company Name] is uniquely qualified to succeed due to the following reasons:
- There is currently no upscale caterer with wide variety in its menu options in the community we are entering. In addition, we have surveyed the local population and received extremely positive feedback saying that they explicitly want to frequent our business when launched.
- The management team has a track record of success in the catering business.
- Market trends such as growth in demand for catering services and the increasing value customers place in full-service caterer/event planners support our business opportunity.
[Company Name] is currently seeking $285,000 to launch.Specifically, these funds will be used as follows:
- Facilitydesign/build: $110,000
- Working capital: $175,000 to pay for marketing, salaries, and land costs until [Company Name] reaches break-even.
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5|
|Pre Tax Income||$63,291||$661,962||$866,694||$1,112,661||$1,394,972|
|Income Tax Expense||$22,152||$231,687||$303,343||$389,431||$488,240|
|Number of locations||1||1||1||1||1|