I. Executive Summary
This Section's Contents
You can download our business plan template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company Name] is a box truck company that specializes in delivering goods within the [location] metro area. With a total of [x] box trucks, [Company Name] can transport a range of goods, and works with small to large sized businesses. Timeliness, security, and cost-efficiency are the main driving factors for the success of [Company Name]. Through advanced technology, all transactions and deliveries are monitored to make sure that there are no delays or damages on the goods that are being transported. Every delivery is handled with the highest form of professionalism by a responsible and well-trained crew that strives to provide the best service and experience to every client.
[Company Name] will provide local transportation services:
- Last-mile package delivery
- Moving services
- Furniture delivery
- Same-day local delivery
- Miscellaneous Goods
[Company Name] will primarily serve wholesalers, retailers, and logistics companies throughout the [location] metro area. It will also serve households in the area. The demographics of these customers are as follows:
- 376,596 Households
- 20 Freight Transportation Arrangement businesses
- 807 Wholesale businesses
- 344 Auto and Auto Parts Retailers
- 101 Furniture and Home Furnishing Stores
- 69 Electronics and Appliance Stores
- 143 Building Material and Garden Equipment Stores
- 198 Food and Beverage Stores
- 203 Health and Personal Care Stores
- 284 Clothing Stores
- 109 Sporting Goods, Hobby, and Musical Instruments Stores
- 124 General Merchandise Stores
- 281 Miscellaneous Store Retailers
- 164 Nonstore Retailers
[Company Name] is headed by its founder, [Founder’s Name] who graduated from [University] with a degree in Business Administration. Prior to starting [Company Name], [Founder’s Name] worked as an operations manager at a last-mile delivery company for [x] years, where he was able to learn the ins and outs of the transportation industry. This experience will be the company’s most valuable asset.
[Company Name] is uniquely qualified to succeed for the following reasons:
- [Company Name] will fill a gap in the transportation industry. Strong growth in online shopping has created a strain on transportation services. Third-party logistics companies need reliable last-mile delivery service providers to help ease the burden.
- In addition, we have surveyed the target market and received extremely positive feedback saying that they explicitly want to make use of our services when launched.
- The [location] metro area has a robust business environment with a large number of businesses needing transportation services like ours
- The management team has a track record of success in the box trucking services business.
[Company Name] is seeking a total funding of $220,500 of debt capital to open its box trucking business. The capital will be used for funding capital expenditures, hiring initial employees, marketing expenses and working capital.
Specifically, these funds will be used as follows:
- Warehouse lease: $20,500
- Equipment: $100,000
- Working capital: $100,000 to pay for marketing, salaries, and lease costs until [Company Name] reaches break-even
Topline projections over the next five years are as follows:
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5|
|Pre Tax Income||$63,291||$661,962||$866,694||$1,112,661||$1,394,972|
|Income Tax Expense||$22,152||$231,687||$303,343||$389,431||$488,240|