I. Executive Summary
This Section's Contents
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company Name], located in [insert location here] is a new bottled water company that focuses on providing high-quality, filtered bottled water. The company uses proprietary technology to filter its water and provide the best tasting water in the industry. The company also plans to distribute their bottled water to retail locations throughout the United States.
[Company Name] will provide a variety of different types of bottled water. Products will include mineral water, spring water, purified water, sparkling water, artesian well water and alkaline water.
Products are focused on providing healthy and nutritious beverage options for an individual to achieve maximum hydration.
[Company Name] will primarily serve the residents within a 5 to 10-mile radius of our location. The demographics of these residents are as follows:
- 195,203 residents
- Average income of $46,000
- 49.3% married
- 40.5% in Mgt./Professional occupations
- Median age: 43 years
[Company Name] is led by [Founder’s Name], a local dietician who runs a private practice in [location]. She has studied nutrition, diet, and exercise and has been running a successful practice for over 20 years. She has written books, journal articles, and presented at numerous health conferences. [Founder] has studied the effects of properly bottled water for health benefits and has developed a proprietary system for filtering water while maintaining all of the crucial vitamins and minerals of well and tap water.
[Company Name] is uniquely qualified to succeed due to the following reasons:
- The company will be providing a valuable product to those seeking the most beneficial water source for their active lifestyles.
- The company is in a high-volume area that is near to hospitals, schools, gyms, and recreation centers.
- The management team has a track record of success in the nutrition industry and is a proven expert in the field.
- The pricing model is formulated to be slightly higher than the competition as it is a higher-quality product, but low enough that customers will perceive value when consuming.
- [Company Name] will be sold in most grocery stores and convenience stores.
[Company Name] is seeking total funding of $225,000 to open its bottled water manufacturing and distribution company.
- Factory design/build-out: $100,000
- Equipment and supplies: $75,000
- Working capital: $50,000 to pay for marketing, salaries, and lease costs until [Company Name] reaches break-even
Top line projections over the next five years are as follows:
|Financial Summary||FY 1||FY 2||FY 3||FY 4||FY 5|
|Pre Tax Income||$219,152||$378,458||$505,670||$672,098||$912,948|
|Income Tax Expense||$76,703||$132,460||$176,985||$235,234||$319,532|
|Net Profit Margin||25%||31%||31%||32%||35%|