II. Company Overview
This Section's Contents
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
Who is [Company Name]?
[Company Name], located in [insert location here] is a newly established bookkeeping company that will provide a variety of bookkeeping services for individuals and small businesses. The firm aims to be the community’s go-to source for reliable bookkeeping expertise and exceptional customer service. The company is owned and operated by an experienced accountant who has been working in the industry for over fifteen years.
[Company Name] was founded by [Founder’s Name], a local accountant who has been in a management role for a large bookkeeping firm in [location] for the past eight years. She graduated from [University] with an accounting degree in [Year] and has been working at a large payroll firm since then. [Founder] started out in an entry level position with the firm and has been working in progressively responsible roles where she learned how to manage and run a bookkeeping business before starting [Company name].
[Founder] began researching what it would take to start her own bookkeeping company and did a thorough analysis on the costs, market, demographics, and competition. [Founder] has compiled enough information to develop her business plan in order to approach investors.
[Company Name]’s History
Once her market analysis was complete, [Founder] began surveying the local office space for lease and identified an ideal location for the bookkeeping firm. [Founder’s Name] incorporated [Company Name] as a Limited Liability Corporation on [date of incorporation].
Once the lease is finalized on the office space, interior design work can begin to make the office an appealing place to meet with clients.
Since incorporation, the Company has achieved the following milestones:
- Located available office space for rent that is ideal for the bookkeeping firm
- Developed the Company’s name, logo, and website located at [website]
- Hired an interior decorating company to design and furnish the office
- Determined equipment and necessary supplies
- Began recruiting key employees with bookkeeping experience
[Company Name]’s Products/Services
Below are [Company Name]’s product and service offerings:
A team of bookkeeping professionals will provide the following services:
- Billing services for small business
- Bookkeeping and compilation services for small business
- Tax filing and preparation services for small business and individuals
- General accounting services for small business and individuals