I. Executive Summary
You can download the Bar business plan template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
[Company Name] is an upscale yet affordable bar and lounge strategically located in west Los Angeles near one of California’s premiere universities. [Company Name] is focused on creating an exciting environment where college students can purchase affordable drinks and dance to the latest music on our newly designed dance floor. Our lounge meets the demand for college students who want an alternative to the usual fraternity or apartment party. The [Company Name] spacious design and elegant pictures foster an environment of relaxation and college fun. At [Company Name] it is always happy hour .
[Company Name]will sell imported and domestic beers both in the bottle and in draft. In addition, it will have a wide selection of hard alcohols for mixed drinks. All drinks will be sold at happy hour prices all night long.
In addition to alcoholic drinks, the Company will sell appetizers and main dishes for consumption during all hours of operation .
[Company Name] will primarily serve college students and residents within a 5 mile radius of our location. The demographics of these customers are as follows :
- 39,650 students
- Average disposable income of students $7,000
- Majority of students are single
- 25% are over the age of 21
[Company Name] is led by [Founder’s Name] who has been in the bar industry for 20 years. While [Founder’s Name] has never run a bar herself, she has worked and managed many bars throughout her college years and has taught bartending courses for the last five years. As such [Founder’s Name] has an in-depth knowledge of managing and promoting a bar including the operations side (e.g., running day-to-day operations) and the business management side (e.g., staffing, marketing, etc.).
[Company Name]is uniquely qualified to succeed due to the following reasons :
- There is currently only one bar available for students within walking distance of the university. In addition, we have surveyed students and received extremely positive feedback saying that they explicitly want to frequent our business when launched.
- Our location is in a high-volume area where students can walk to and from our location.
- The management team has experience in successfully managing a bar.
- Operating a bar is a proven business and has succeeded in various college towns throughout the nation.
- Market trends show that college students are consuming alcohol in greater amounts than previous years.
[Company Name] is currently seeking $406,645 to launch.Specifically, these funds will be used as follows:
- Bar design/build: $262,200
- Working capital: $144,445 to pay for Marketing, salaries, and lease costs until [Company Name] reaches break-even
Top line projections over the next five years are as follows:
|Financial Summary||FY 1||FY 2||FY 3||FY 4||FY 5|
|Pre Tax Income||$219,152||$378,458||$505,670||$672,098||$912,948|
|Income Tax Expense||$76,703||$132,460||$176,985||$235,234||$319,532|
|Net Profit Margin||25%||31%||31%||32%||35%|