I. Executive Summary
This Section's Contents
You can download our Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
The [Company Name] art gallery has been exhibiting a wide variety of art mediums since [year]. Located at [address], we present thousands of oil paintings, watercolor drawings, handmade crafts (sculpture, wood and ceramic artworks) made by amateur and professional artists. The wide range styles featured in [Company name] art gallery varies from classics, realism, social realism to abstractionism and surrealism.
[Company Name] focuses on featuring various artists’ paintings, drawings, sculpture, and artworks in its gallery, as well as its online platform. It also fulfills individual orders from clients. The [Company Name] has a team of artists that will create the works of the client’s choice in any required colours and of any required size. The founder will also show and sell his own work in the Gallery, as well as produce commission portraits and other work.
[Company Name] will primarily serve the residents who live within a 10 mile radius of our gallery. The demographics of these customers are as follows:
- 27,827 residents
- 1,750 workers (who do not live the neighborhood)
- Average income of $54,700
- 38.9% married
- 49.6% in Mgt./Professional occupations
- Median age: 34 years
[Company Name] is led by [Founder’s Name] who has been in the art industry for 20 years. He has an in-depth knowledge of the art industry including creation, operations (e.g., running day-to-day operations), business management (e.g., staffing, marketing, etc.) and education, which includes art history and trends.
[Company Name] is uniquely qualified to succeed for the following reasons:
- There is currently no art gallery devoted to both international and local artists in the community. In addition, we have surveyed the local population and received extremely positive feedback saying that they explicitly want to frequent our business when launched, both from clients and artists.
- Our location is in a high-volume area with little direct traffic, and will thus be highly convenient to significant numbers of passersby each day.
- The management team has a track record of success in the art industry.
[Company Name] is currently seeking $460,000 to launch. Specifically, these funds will be used as follows:
- Art gallery design/build: $170,000
- Working capital: $290,000 to pay for marketing, salaries, and artwork costs until [Company Name] reaches break-even.
Top line projections over the next three years are as follows:
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5|
|Pre Tax Income||$62,455||$881,858||$1,063,023||$1,295,091||$1,556,772|
|Income Tax Expense||$21,859||$308,650||$372,058||$453,282||$544,870|